Claim Your Fame for the RecipeBliss Award!

Have you received the RecipeBliss Award from someone? If so please add yourself to the ever growing list of "awardees".

If you don't have the award logo already, grab your badge to display on your blog or site (the logo below is 250px, on the sidebar is 125px). Thanks for stopping by!



Friday, October 31, 2008

Friche....Friche? Yes, Friche!

I love quiche and frittatas and K makes great omelets. For a semi quick good breakfast I make a friche ~ a cross between a frittata and a quiche.


Lately I've been making it in a bread (loaf) pan: Don't forget to lightly grease or oil the pan.

  • Whisk together 4 to 6 eggs with a dollop or two of milk ~ the number of eggs depends on how many people are eating. We use 5 to 6 for two people. I usually use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of milk and I mix these right in the loaf pan.
  • Dice mushrooms and tomatoes and saute them lightly (and separately) with some olive oil and seasonings:: we use salt, pepper and garlic, all freshly ground, even the dried garlic.
  • Put sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes into the egg mixture.
  • Add fresh Parmesan, shaved or shredded and other cheese if you want. We sometimes had mozzarella or feta. Again, whatever you love, use it.
  • Add any other veggies or meats you love:: this morning we added asparagus, sometimes I add bacon or sausage but I tend to like my meat on the side rather than in it.
I bake this for about a half hour at 400 or until done and add a little cheese topping if you like, with a few more minutes in the oven to melt it.

BIG NOTE: always season the mushroom when you saute them. The tomatoes too, although sometimes I put the tomatoes in without cooking them first. It depends on the firmness of the tomato. However: salt, pepper, garlic, whatever your taste buds desire put it in. Otherwise... kinda boring scrambled eggs!

No comments: