Claim Your Fame for the RecipeBliss Award!

Have you received the RecipeBliss Award from someone? If so please add yourself to the ever growing list of "awardees".

If you don't have the award logo already, grab your badge to display on your blog or site (the logo below is 250px, on the sidebar is 125px). Thanks for stopping by!



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

chefbliss's fabulous pumpkin pie

A pumpkin pie even I love! I love pumpkin, in almost any form. I just have never liked pumpkin pie. The challenge this year was to make a food-challenge compliant pie, and if I could enjoy it too, well that would just be bonus points!


Here is the recipe I used for the filling:
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup agave or honey (I used agave)
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1 TB dark molasses, more to taste if needed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground allspice

Preheat oven to 425.

In large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth and blended. Pour into prepared crust and smooth top. Bake for 10 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 350. Bake until filling is set, about 50 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool, then refrigerate overnight.

You will note in the picture that the pie is pulling away a bit from the crust. That may be from the pie or the crust, but it was delicious all the same! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Chef E said...

For some reason that always happens to my pies...the pulling away when you place a piece on the guest plate and the crust just falls backwards...plop!

I love me some pie!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Thanks for coming to visit the Raisin Chronicles!

My parents neither one liked pumpkin pie, so I never actually tasted it till I was in high school (true story) and when I did I was stunned. I LOVED it!

Glad to see your not stunting your family's personal growth by refusing to let them try things you don't care for.

Dee said...

So glad to see this recipe with Agave honey! I have seen this product alot @ Whole Foods back in Texas. I keep searching for it here in Mexico. I'm wondering if anything Agave here ends up in a much more 90 proof distilled beverage...ha! Nice recipe. Sounds so wholesome. I didn't get much pumpkin pie during the holidays & this still sounds delicious!